Friday, December 21, 2007

Cambodia!

Well everyone... 1st off. no one has gotten skype to call me, but thats ok. sometimes i text message myself. Also, mom i tried to text message you a little bit ago, i dont know if they work, but if you get one from me, email me and let me know.

In other news, I have found out that teaching English is fun, and that my teachers think that Ive been doing a good job. Must be all that practice in Mrs. Medina's 4th grade class. Tomorrow I am going to Cambodia for a border run. Which means I have to pay a lot of money to leave Thailand, then turn around and come back in. Im excited for the experience but it will suck getting ripped off at the border. There are 6 of u going, we rented a van and driver so that should help. Wish me luck!

We have also decided to travel to another part of Thailand to look for a job. Now we are looking into the South peninsula, the northern part. It's about 4 hours south of bankok, but this time west of it. We are planning to base ourselves out of Hua Hin, which we hear is a great city. There were will scope out the surrounding town looking for someone to hire us for the year. Everything is going great, Thailand is a lot of fun, and when we get long breaks we go swimming in the ocean, which is a 3 minute walk down the road. It's warm, and humid and hot, but we're starting to get used to it a little.

Hope Christmas plans are going well. We have a dinner at a restaurant in town from an expat who is going to make a big turkey roast, stuffing, ham, potatoes... food we miss dearly in a rice-dominated market.

Feel free to email me at robster125@gmail.com whenever you want. Ill try to email people when I get the chance, but the internet shop down the street is heavily flooded with kids playing oldschool Warcraft games, so sometimes it's hard to get a computer (especially one that doesn't shock you when you touch metal)

Talk to everyone later!

Oh, and in case you REALLY wanted to call me (66-83-110-8791) or maybe it's 66-083-110-8791... i forget if you need the zero or not. laters

No comments: