Friday, May 22, 2009

The beginning of the end...

I figured as I am on a 15 hour train-ride up north, I have nothing better to do than update the blog with  what’s going on.  Not much has happened.  I have finished the Summer Camp at Asian University, which was again an easy and fun summer.  The money I made from the camp is allowing me to travel for about 7 weeks before I start work in July.  However, I’m spending about 2.5 of those weeks visiting friends in Thailand.

The camp ended and it was a very special day for Ms. Morgan Klachefsky.  She turned 30 and we had to do it in style.  This means jeans, dress shirts, closed toed shoes… Something I’m not used to when going out to party in Bangkok.  We started the night with a dinner cruise, which is a beautiful trip along the river, seeing governmental buildings, wats, temples, monuments, other cruise boats, etc all pass by you.  It’s also extremely cool and breezy as you ride along the river having dinner.  Once dinner ended, we had the opportunity to sing karaoke and I was told I had a great voice (take that kyniption). 

After the dinner cruise we (I) refused to do anything BUT the robot at 711 before we went to the Dome, a skybar on the top of a 67 story building overlooking all of Bangkok.  It was extraordinarily nice, and expensive, but worth the view and experience.  That lasted a drink, and then we went cheap and dirty on the street we all love Khaosan.

After the birthday, we spent a day or so relaxing in Bangkok, before me and Gift, a Thai social coordinator and head TA, went to Trang to visit Morgan and Gary (teacher at Asian U Summer Camp).  I spent the weekend there hanging out, relaxing, going to the beach and some caves.

Now I’m on the way north to visit old friends in Chiang Mai, before I say goodbye to Thailand forever! (Or until next summer when I convince a certain Nancy and Ralph to do a SEA 4 week extravaganza)

That’s all I got right now… I’ll keep you posted!

No comments: