Saturday, June 13, 2009

Cameron Highlands

After my week staying in Kuala Lumpur, I took a bus with my friend Gabriel (who couchsurfed my apartment in Chiang Mai) to the Cameron Highlands, about 4 hours into the middle of the country.  The best part about it, is that at night it gets cold.  Cold to the point I can wear pants.  That's such a treat after sweating it out in KL for the past week.

When we got to CH we found a room with an English girl we met, and took the triple, as it was the same price as the dorms, which was an attic. We spent our time in CH doing 3 things.
First, we did a 4-5 hours hike up the nearest mountain, which was pretty nice.  It was harder than we though, and the view from the top was not the best, but it was nice to be hiking in a cooler climate, granted I still sweat through everything.  the hike was nice, and it felt good to get outdoors and do something.  





We also spent a day checking out the local "farms". There was a butterfly, strawberry, cactus, insect, tea plantation, and a bee farm... It was a stupidly touristy day, but we ended up having fun anyway, and got to see lots of the surrounding area.




One thing to note is that the food in CH is delicious. We ate Indian almost every night, day and morning and I'd still have more... I'd go back solely to eat more.

No comments: